Sunday, October 13, 2013

Three things

Got to mention these before I forget:

1. Club last week was great. (Thanks again, Michael.) In particular I want to remember two things that made me laugh so hard I almost fell off the couch. Credit to Tim in both cases:
  • "That gives a whole new meaning to Seven of Nine."
  • The zebra story
2. Here is the list of 100 Reasons Why Captain Kirk is Better Than Captain Picard that I mentioned. I confess that it's not as funny as I remembered. But after all, this is from the early days of Internet humor, so we should be forgiving. And there are a few gems in there. 

3. Here is A Study in Emerald, the fantastic (both senses) Neil Gaiman story that combines Sherlock Holmes and H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos. Short but brilliant. I somehow forgot to mention it last week, but have in the past. Read it. Note the cool newspaper-ish presentation; read the ads too.

No comments:

Post a Comment