But we already knew that.
In other news, it is unlikely that I will be able to attend tomorrow's meeting, so I will make the following points now:
1. Apparently, the NSA is the gold-standard for file decryption, at least according to Mr. Stephenson.
2. Did anyone else note that our heroic Russian security guy always carries a towel, and does not panic?
3. Fucking motives, how do they work?
4. I do not understand the mountain lion except as a somewhat silly deus ex machina. Or, possibly, a eucatastrophe.
5. Stephenson is exactly, completely correct when he notes that camouflage clothing is a cultural signifier. You certainly don't need it to hunt ungulates.
6. I enjoyed the book.